Monday, December 1, 2008

What a week. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.


I'm actually just glad ours is over. The special, organic turkey was extremely tough. We turned it into soup that night, and it took four hours of boiling to get the meat tender. And this is in spite of brining the damn thing. Zoe didn't eat ANY of it. She does like it better as soup, though.

(The candied sweet potatoes were awesome, even if the turkey wasn't so hot.)


I also had a week-long headache, which is FINALLY gone. I was starting to worry about brain tumors, but have chalked it up to being a tension headache, which I will blame squarely on Danny's company, Vertis.


The people at Danny's office are remarkably well-behaved, in spite of the surprise salary cuts right before the holidays. The company also owns at least one printing plant, and apparently the unionized employees are planning to sue. There has also been a bomb threat.


I have to wonder just how many people are looking for other jobs. We're hoping Danny will hear something this week, since 3 companies are interested in him.


We're still worried about the cat, too. My research tells me that this kind of cancer usually comes back very quickly, even with surgery and chemo. So we're just going to keep her comfortable as long as we can. There's no use torturing her with surgery when it's unlikely to cure the cancer. I don't believe that pets understand you're trying to help them. All they understand is that it hurts and they're scared. But it's a very, very hard decision to make.


On the bright side, we've got some Christmas lights up, and it's getting warmer today. Yesterday and Saturday it snowed, but today we're supposed to be in the mid 50's.


I'll leave you with a nearly completed drawing, inspired by Zoe's betta. (I still need to get a stomp and blend the background to make it nice and smooth.)


No comments: