Tuesday, August 26, 2014

It's Been a While...


I've been gone from the blog for a long, long while. I've been frustrated, and tried some different things. (Ceramics, for one, which I greatly enjoyed.)

But lately I've been picking up my brush and pens again, and it feels really good. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy watercolors.  I think I've been trying to be who I thought I "should" be, rather than who I actually am.  (And let's face it, that never works. At least not for long.)

So I'm going to try just being me for a while.

I'm working on some large pieces, which take quite a while, but am going to try to do a small, fun painting most days.  None of them will be serious, just something I dash off to get the creativity flowing.  They will be for sale, cheap! Otherwise my family will start drowning in paintings.

But in the meantime, here are some shots of my current WIP.



No comments: