Monday, September 28, 2009

Argh. And NaBloWriMo.

October is National Blog Writing Month, and I've signed up to participate. So expect a new blog post each day in October.

Expect much of it to be frustrated - I've decided to learn a new skill. Sewing. I'm not a complete novice - I can sew buttons, hems, and the like, but I've decided to REALLY learn to sew. Garments, curtains, costumes, stuffed animals.... It seems like a skill a mom should have.

I borrowed a friend's sewing machine, and spent the evening figuring it out. All I have to show for it is a small, slightly lopsided, beanbag cat. With a shorter tail than I'd planned. But it is sewn, from 3 calico parts, 2 felt ears, and a braided yarn tail. I even used embroidery floss to sew a little kitty face. Danny seems charmed by it, so it can't be quite as bad as I think it is.

And, hey. I can only get better, right?

1 comment:

Aleta said...

Beanbag cat? Sounds cute! Do you have any pictures to share of it?