Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Best Intentions Never Put a Tart In the Oven

I really intended to make a tart. But I know you don't believe me. I wouldn't, either.

I woke up with a nasty case of allergies this morning. I had a fat lip and puffy, itchy eyes. So most of my day was devoted to benadryl and cold compresses, which is never fun.

But I managed to depuff enough to go out with D tonight! Our first date night in months! Zoe stayed with her friend Lily and her family, where she played, watched a movie, had dinner, and did Halloween crafts. She was one happy, tired little girl.

And D and I got to have a dinner where we didn't have to tell anyone to turn around and sit down, and then browsed in a bookstore. Very low-key, but wonderful. It's amazing what a date night can do for your sanity. What little I have left will abide a bit longer, thank the gods.

No comments: