Sunday, October 4, 2009

Finally!


As promised, the pear tart. It's delicious, and super-easy.
I didn't even use an actual recipe. Just your basic lard crust, then I mixed 6 peeled and sliced pears with about 1/3 c. of sugar and maybe a teaspoon of cinammon. (I didn't measure - just sprinkled it on til it looked right.) Put it in the crust and spooned some caramel (the ice cream topping kind, but good quality) over top. Added the leaves and acorns (also easy - used cutters from Williams Sonoma) then baked at 375 degrees for about 35 minutes. Then cool most of the way and serve with vanilla ice cream. Mmmmm....

And if you're in need of a good crust recipe, here's one I always have good luck with.

2 comments:

Not Hannah said...

I have been waiting with bated breath to see this tart and LADY!! It is frickin' gorgeous. You artist, you.

Rockquelle, the Rollergirl Next Door said...

You are the devil.