Sunday, October 16, 2011

Escape!

After the service at UU this morning, I went to pick Zoe up from her class.  She was not in class, and the teacher said she'd never shown up.  Nobody else had seen her either, since the kids made their way downstairs.  I was starting to panic when someone said he thought he'd seen her go into one of the classrooms.  So I went to check.

I opened the door on a seemingly empty classroom.  Then I heard the giggling from under the tables.  Zoe and her friend L had wandered into the wrong room. Rather than correcting their mistake, they decided to stay there, and spent the hour coloring and playing board games -- under the table, so no one would find them.

This does not bode well for the teenage years.

(And the RE director will now be checking all the "empty" classrooms to make sure everyone is in the right spot. Zoe has also promised not to try that again.)

No comments: