Thursday, October 20, 2011

Homemade Halloween Costumes

Still a week and a half before Halloween, but the holiday carnival at the rec center is tomorrow night, so I've been busy (and bleeding) finishing up Zoe's tabby kitten costume.  All that's left is picking up some face paint tomorrow.

All day I've been running into local parents scurrying to buy one of the picked-over costumes at Target and Marshalls.  There will be lots of princesses, evil stepmothers, and angry birds running around tomorrow night.  And something tells me Zoe won't really appreciate the fact that she has a one-of-a-kind, hand-sewn costume.

Well, at least not yet. Give her 20 years, and she'll probably remember it fondly. (I know I remember loving the costumes my mom put together. The witch one year was especially fabulous, with the spiderweb painted across my face. It itched like mad, but it was worth it.)

No comments: